Monday, January 30, 2012

How to curl your hair with a sock and no heat: A Pinterest experiment

I, like the majority of some people, have been sucked into the depths of the endless pit of the most creative ideas ever found on the internet. (I wonder where my daughter gets her dramatics?!) All this cleverness has been ever so conveniently placed on one website, Pinterest.com. Surely you've heard of it by now!
Follow Me on Pinterest

Anyways, the other day while I was on Pinterest, I came across this video tutorial on how to curl your hair with a sock and no heat.


Interesting, seemed easy enough. So I gave it a shot.


You'll have to sleep with this sock bun in your hair over night.

Basically, all you have to do is cut the toes off a sock..

Then, just roll up the sock until it looks like a donut.

Put your dry hair into a high pony tail. Spritz the pony with water to make it slightly damp. Then roll up your hair around the sock. Her tutorial on how to put your hair in a sock bun, here. It should end up looking something like this...

Then, the next morning, you take it out.
Next time I might just pin up any stray hairs and leave it in a pony...

After I first let it down.. currrrly!

After running my fingers through it some..
Looks okay...

Until I looked at the back side..
What a mess! Haha!

I ended up just putting it back up in a pony!

I might give it another shot. Maybe I didn't get my hair tight enough or evenly distributed around the donut. I only did it that one time and the girl in the video says it might take a few times to perfect it. 

Either way, if it doesn't work out next time, at least I know it makes a decent looking pony! Ha ha!



4 comments:

Courtney Donahey said...

I tried it once and couldn't even get my hair in the bun! Ha!

Samantha said...

I'm too chicken to try it...I'm scared it'll look horrible...haha...looks enticing though.

BTW, I got a new blog name & address (again) it's now called 'The Chronicles of We' and the address is: http://www.thechroniclesofthed.blogspot.com

FamilyFoodFitnessandFun said...

I really want to try this...but I'm kinda scared! Oh...and I need to find an old sock ;)
I really like the look of your curly hair down!

Kelly @ Dare to be Domestic said...

Oddly enough I love it in the bun too!!! Now I realized what I did wrong when I tried this, I didn't cut off the toe.. ooops ;)

Cheeky Quotes